Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Days 8 and 9-Tuesday Pictures

Yeah, I know. Sideways again. Sorry. Just tilt your head. So this was so AWESOME!!! We were hanging out in the hallway of the entrance to the internat and these boys come traipsing down the hall towards us holding a TURTLE out in front of them. I LOVE turtles (and apparently all caps). I used to have a turtle named Izzy, he ate live gold fish. Keep in mind that all of this is gushing out of my mouth and being translated. 'What's his name? Where do you keep him? What does he eat?' and on and on and on. After a few seconds I realize that nobody is answering my questions and Huz says to me, 'Hon, I think they caught that in the pond and so they don't know what it eats and I don't think he has a name.' Still stuck on the pet thing, I say, 'What are you going to name him? Where will he stay? Did you really find him in the pond?!' By now the boys are pretty much laughing at me. They tell me that yes, they found it in the pond and I say, 'Let's go!!' But then Huz says we can't go to the pond right now and so we take the turtle outside in the tall grass and I don't know what came of him. the end

Team Ping-Pong. This is just a few of the many ping-pongers here at the internat. They can play for a really really long time. It's fun to watch. I tried to teach them around the world and they have played before but each using their own paddle. I explained the American way is trickier and they were willing to try and I played with them and I WON!!! This will be the only time that ever happens in my entire lifetime.


Ping-pongers:)

More ping-pongers. Pretty sure by the end we'll have more pics of ping-ponging than anything else.


A few of the boys shaking things up by playing some kind of soccer game while they wait for their turn at ping-pong.


A lady whom I have never met sent some hairbows to me through my friend/mentor Wendy to give to the girls at the internat. Here are a few pics of them. They were pretty pumped to get to choose their own and then keep it. They're not used to choosing things. Things are usually just handed to them and I suppose they either make due or trade. Anyhow, thanks hair bow lady for providing these bows for the kids and me with the opportunity to pass them out. You rock!


More hair bows. I know, side ways. I love their fake smiles. They don't really know what to do with a camera in their faces:)


More bows. This girl's name is Kat and she was sooooooooo shy and wouldn't come over to pick one out but I could see her eyeing this one so I picked it up and handed it to her and she had the biggest smile on her face-until I got the camera out.


This one's for you Renee! And Myck. Losha says thank you and hello. Romo was at an excursion so we haven't seen him. This is one cute kid.


Keeem! This one's for you:) He is a darling, sweet boy.

5 comments:

  1. So you dont know about your boys yet?? Today Ashley wrote I ♥ you on my hand, but she accidentally spelled it I ♥ uoy. She also wrote OOPS on my fist...she is so funny(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for delivering the bows! I am glad they made the girls smile, even if they wouldn't for the camera.
    Way impressed with your ping-pong skills.
    I was reading your blog entry to my huz about the boys and the director. We were discussing why Boy 1 would shut down after hearing smack about his bio mom and I can't remember if she is living or not. I'm thinking she must be?
    At lunch you were the talk. Lot's of questions about what you're going to do. Adopt blind? Come home? My advice? (Not that you asked) Just follow your heart Steph. Don't let anyone talk you into anything you don't want and listen to the Spirit.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers!
    ~W

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of those boys I have never seen before. I wonder if they were away when we were there. Because...we were in and out of that place so many times and saw so many kids. The ping pong table looks fun. Our only real activity we could do when we were there was to play soccer in the freezing and I mean freezing cold. I tried many times to stay out there and play but it was too cold so we went inside to the stinky cantina instead. I am glad you are there to enjoy more outdoor things...that is definitely a plus!

    Love the posts....keep them coming!!! Take pictures as you are traveling in the car tomorrow too. It would be fun to see what the rest of the village looks like in Spring!

    Talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Operation Orphan Hairbows was a success! Thank you so much for delivering them and taking pictures! You rock!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics of the kids. Victoria is loving the pictures of the kids in the orphanage and is requesting that I ask you to take a picture of her friend Masha and post. If you can find her I have a little girl that would go crazy for that! She also asked if Yana had a chance to deliver her gift to her bro., and if Yana liked her present. She is very interested in your blog now that you are in Matveevka. I tried to ask her which kids she thought were nice, but she is very mum on that. There are a lot of "foo's" for some of the boys though! ha ha!
    It was soo fun to talk to you today. I'm glad that you are there alone enjoying all the kids to yourself, but I kind of am wishing that you would have been along in our big ol' group at the same time! How fun would that have been?!!
    Hope you can find another place to eat. Kim was a great chef so I lucked out. My husband curses Pizza Celentanos whenever I mention it. He tired of it very fast!
    Hope everyday improves a bit more!

    ReplyDelete