Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday Part Two

Be sure to scroll down and read the other entry from today. It's long, but I promise, you don't want to miss it. This second post is just more pictures.

Ladies, this is the front garden of the orphanage. Daylilies, lupine, daisies, peonies, and more. All here. All blooming. All beautiful. All the gardens are like this. Crazy, huh?!


BoyTwo's room. He shares it with nine other kids. His bed is the one to his left with the flower pillow case. The room is bright and clean and doesn't smell. The windows are opened and the air is circulating. There is no air conditioning so it is hot. Honestly, we probably got here a day after their shower day and laundry day. I'm sure that it will get a little stinky.


Huz and BoyOne. This is some serious ping-pong. Poor Huz. It's like 85 degrees.


Huz and BoyTwo who loves our phone games:)


The hall outside Larissa's office. Love all the plants.


A sampling of the sweeeet artwork in our apartment:)


This is just another angle of the family room. Huz is standing in the bedroom.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Steph. I scrolled down to the entry without pictures thinking, "Don't worry, it will get better, there's another post at the top. Things will have changed!" But it didn't. I am so sorry.
    How terrible to sit there and berate him about his birth mother. Like that's suppose to make him decide? Instead he got all defensive and shut down. I think you did the right thing. I hope he will have a change of heart and I'm getting your names on the temple roll right now!!Maybe a little faith and prayers on this side of the world will change things?
    Please keep writing. (Sniff.) Not just because I caught Alex's stupid cold but because this makes me so sad.
    ~W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Done. On the prayer roll.
    And I just re-read my comment and I didn't mean "write because it makes me feel so sad" like it sounds but I was sniffing because I am so sad. (Just in case you're like, what the heck? She wants me to write to make her sad? Yeah. No.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying REALLY hard for you guys. Since there is nothing else to do but that and hope. Maybe I can fit charity in there as well?? I am waiting on pins and needles for your next post.... I'd totally text you right now except it's 5 in the morning your time and I don't want to wake you up.

    By the way...it is BEAUTIFUL there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad!! Well I hope that they change their mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stephanie, my heart is breaking for you! I ache for Boy #2 b/c I'm SURE he wants to be adopted by you and be in a good, stable home, but he feels like he has to do what his brother has told him to do. Agh! I'll pray that Boy #1 will have his heart softened. It's obvious you love them both so much and I hope they'll be able to feel that too. I'll be anxious to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agh! It really hurts to read posts like that. That Part 1 post was a tough one to read. I remember you saying in a previous post that you were going to expect just about anything when you got to Ukraine, but we like you were hoping and praying for anything but what you went through. Nothing hurts quite like building up for an adoption for months and months, only to have it crash down like that. Please know that we're all thinking about you and will say an extra prayer for you and huz. These boys need a home and a family that loves them.

    It sounds like you have a few options you are going to be working on, so we will be checking with you frequently to find out how things are going. Good luck and God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry. I wish that these boys could understand the magnitude of their decision. I don't think that they comprehend how much better their lives in America with a family that loves them could be from their lives in Ukraine. We are praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete