Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day Me!!

Today was FABULOUS!!

We started off the morning by going to a 5K for our friends' son who is battling DIPG, a cancerous brain tumor that grows at the base of the brain stem. We have known this family for a long time. We actually met them before either of us were married, lost track of each other and met up again when the two husbands ended up working together. It was great to be there and to see their whole family, along with so many other people who love and care for and about them.

Next, we headed over to our Layton house. I love that house. I love our yard there. We went to work in the yard. It's so fun to go down there where it is definitely spring. Up here it is just starting to be spring. My lilac bushes in Layton are in full bloom along with the tulips. The peonies are up and the rose bushes are getting ready to bloom. I LOVE yard work. We stayed there for about 7 hours. I'm being serious, too, in case you thought I was being sarcastic. The kids played with our neighbor's kids and our dog played with our other neighbor's dogs. It was a lovely day.

As we were beginning to pack up our gardening supplies, I checked my phone to see if I had any missed calls, texts, etc. My parents are in town (sweet!) and my sisters and I, along with my parents, are getting together tomorrow. I had to make sure I was in the loop. Then, I checked my email as I have done about 45 times a day ever since we submitted our dossier. I feel a little silly admitting that, especially because I tell everyone who asks if we have heard anything that we won't hear until next week at the earliest. But, I can't help myself.

Anyhow, I am ecstatic to announce that we have an SDA appointment!! Woo-hoo!! I have been fasting and praying that we'd be able to travel before the big closure in June and prayers were heard and answered. Our appointment is on May 26. We have to be in Kyiv on May 25 which means we will travel on May 24. My birthday is at the end of the month so this will be my birthday present, too. Ukraine, here we come...

Who could ask for a better Mother's Day?!

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!!! You have a date!!! It's about darn time, and it is indeed a perfect Mother's Day present! Congradulations to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY MOTHER DAY! What a great present Now my prayer is that we can send our paper work over with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a great Mother's Day gift!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! And I forth it....HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
    This is so awesome and I expect lots-o-blogging!! So very, very excited to follow your journey as you bring your sons home. I know in your heart you already have six but just think, next Mothers Day, they'll not only be in your heart but in your home!
    Congrats! Hope today is as fabulous and that you get everything done, packed, farmed out and figured out in the next two weeks!!
    Whooot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you SURE I can't fit in your luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright! We are so excited for you! Remember we can help with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! How fantastic! I hope you will write about your trip, as you are able. I would love to see Ukraine in the spring/summer... Maybe some day. =)

    ReplyDelete