Thursday, June 16, 2011

Empty Is Not Clean

Today was kind of frustratingstressfullongfunoverwhelmingstressful.

We went to our other house that we have been renting. The guy renting is moving out and I thought I'd go make sure it was really clean so that the new renters could move in tomorrow morning.

Dang. Good. Thing.

Frustrating: Renter told Huz how he stayed up all night and cleaned the house top to bottom. Top to bottom my butt. He must think that clean and empty are synonyms. Sheesh. It was so dirty. And that was as I briefly walked through the house, eye balling the disgusting toilets and base boards.

Stressful: This actually is happy, too. A friend of mine found out that she is going to be able to get her paperwork submitted for a Ukrainian adoption in the nick of time. She told me that the SDA is closing on July 12. That's when the stress hit. I called Ellie immediately (our adoption agency) and she confirmed this. She has been trying to find out when exactly BoyThree is available. We were originally told the beginning of July. So now we need to find out the exact date. If it's not before July 8, we can't get him. Long story why if you don't know the process so I'll spare you the details. We knew all along that this was a possibility. He knows this too. But it would still be really crappy to have to tell him it's not going to work out. It makes me sick just to type it.

Long: We got to the other house at 11:30. We got home at 11:30. Enough said.

Fun: I was able to see some of my friends from my old neighborhood. My kids were able to play with their buddies. I met one of my new old neighbors:) They moved in after we moved out. They have a daughter Four's age. Sometimes I wish we still lived there. Especially when I look across the street and see the AWESOME school we left behind and my fabulous neighbors. sigh.... It's a good thing we have fabulous neighbors where we are now or I'm sure we would have moved back by now!

Overwhelming: It is not okay to spend ten hours cleaning an empty house. And that was only the main floor!!!! Can I tell you how disgusted I am that my sweet, beautiful little house was trashed?! I am not exaggerating at all when I say buggers on the wall. That's right folks. He wiped boogers on the walls. I can barely handle that when my own kids do it let alone a 40 year old man. AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stressful: Going back tomorrow to tackle the basement and backyard. Hoping and praying that I don't have to have a conversation with BoyThree on why he is, again, going to be left alone.

I can't get them off my mind. The boys of Matviivka. That is our orphanage. The boys are those older boys who nobody ever comes for. The ones that are about to be on their own. It makes me crazy to think that they don't even know what to do when they are hugged because it's been such a long time since they had a mother hug them. It just is not okay.

4 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I read that this morning. Praying it will work out FAST so you can get all three....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you. We'll be following your progress and hoping that #3 can be yours. It's pretty sad that there is not an interim committee to handle cases while the transition is made. But that's UKR for ya.

    Thanks for the updates. We're thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope it all falls into place! It just has too.
    I wish I had something to send for the older boys. I'm sure stuffed animals are a bit beneath them. I'm going to think on it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. When in the world will you find out when he is available!? I don't understand why that is such difficult information to get a hold of. maddning.

    ReplyDelete