Monday, June 20, 2011

News

I love how I ended the last post basically saying that there was no news. hahahaha not. When will I learn?! I'm hesitant to even post this as it has already changed three times today already and it's only 3 in the afternoon. Here goes:

SDA is not going to take any new appointments in July so that nixes us getting BoyThree during this trip. Fortunately, however, we may still be able to get him but of course, it's not going to be simple. Why would I even have thought that we could do this in three trips this summer? I'm so naive. So, what we will have to do is get his visa when we get BoyOne and BoyTwo's even though he's not adopted yet, they will allow us to do this. Then, when the SDA reopens we can schedule a new appointment and go get him. As in whole new process. Sigh. And I guess as long as they reopen. And as long as we can still get him, that is what is most important. Keep praying though. Good grief.

Because SDA is planning on closing (notice how I say planning because even though they have signed legislation from their pres, it could still change) on July 12, we have to hurry and have court so that our paperwork can be forwarded to Kyiv and have time to be completed prior to the 12th.

Our court hearing is now scheduled for Monday, July 4, which is fortunately not a holiday in Ukraine. We will leave on Friday, July 1. It takes two days to get to Ukraine and then another day to get to Zap. Originally our court date was scheduled for June 30, but Huz's brother is getting married that day. Fortunately the judge in Ukraine understood and was willing to put us off until the 4th. You still with me? And actually, the original court date was for the middle of July, so this is now our 3rd court date. I'm losing myself!!

Because we just need to quick have court, Huz can literally turn around the next day, travel back to Kyiv and then back home. He'll only be gone one week. I will stay during the ten day wait and then bring BoyOne and BoyTwo home with me then, tentatively on the weekend of July 24. I live in Utah (now you all know where I live, great) and our state's birthday is July 24. The point of telling you all this is that I love fire works. I'm going to miss them on the 4th, obviously, so I'm hoping to be home in time to see the Utah ones on the 24th. Good goal? I hope so.

I'm off to check my email again, just in case things have changed:) Have a lovely day.

5 comments:

  1. You are on quite a roller coaster ride. You are in the last car as it whips around the tracks. Good thing you have the stomach for it! I on the other hand get to wait at the end and see the lovely picture they take of you as you round that last bend! It will all work out though, you know it will, but boy is it a bumpy ride!!!

    We are praying hard for you. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! Another trip?? And what? You can get his VISA?? Without being adopted? What the heck? Oh Steph. What a very bumpy ride and given the condition of the amusement rides in Ukraine I am very worried about you. Are you holding up okay? Any light on when it might re-open?
    Hey! On the bright side, Ukraine parties a lot! I bet you'll see some fireworks there? Well, maybe not in po-diddly Zap but Kiev?
    ~W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Good luck. I'll be praying for you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the drama! It has all the makings of a made-for-TV drama. When I read a good story, I like to try to predict the ending. I predict everything will work our for the good.

    Yea, I know how things change. I can hardly wait for the next installment in the continuing saga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is crazy, huh? Maybe we will get to meet afterall!

    ReplyDelete