Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 10-Thursday, part 1

Well, the roller coaster started late last night and is carrying on into today. We could use some extra prayers on our behalf for the SDA to remain open through their mid-June transition. This could affect not only us, but other families waiting as well. Thanks guys.

And now, for your early morning laugh:

The biggest packing advice I received prior to traveling was to PACK LIGHT!! I think I may have packed too lightly however because yesterday our Ukrainian facilitator, Elena, asked if I needed to borrow some of her clothes so that I could change mine. Niiiiiiiiiiice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! To both the SDA and the clothing comment? Really? I had a similar comment from Constantine (our drive/landlord) and he wore the same sweater EVERYDAY!
    I had four or five different shirt options/combination's and I did rotate them but he said "For Wendy having so much luggage, she always wears the same thing!" Hey, it was all black! Not all the same thing! Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Seriously? I wouldn't worry about borrowing her clothes. :)

    So, what's going on with the SDA? How much of your process do you need to have done before they transition? Do you need to be on your way home already or just done with the court or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What's going on now! Can't wait to hear about that. We will be praying that all goes well.

    About the clothes...someone told me, I think it was Lucy, that someone from Ukraine moved to the United States and they were so glad that they were not being scrutinized all the time for everything they wear. That is such a Ukrainian thing to do. It's like the conference talk that talked about the lady complaining about her new neighbor's inability to wash her clothes as she hung them on the line outside to dry. Then she comes to find out that she was looking through dirty windows the whole time.

    Well, we are praying hard for you and your family at home. If your kids need anything, they can always call us.

    Talk to you!

    ReplyDelete