Saturday, November 6, 2010

Not a sunny day

Not a sunny Sunday, and we're not talking weather.

Judas. Church was slightly easier this week. I didn't even attempt to have him dress in Sunday clothing. I am a little bit bugged though because I know most of the other host families have taken the children they are hosting to church in appropriate church attire and have not had the conflict that we have had. Whatever. We got there.

At home we had another lovely (no, I'm not being sarcastic) lunch. And then, because I am getting pretty sick (of course. could there be any better time?) I tried to lay down. hahaha.

So, I just got up and started getting dinner ready. My sister with the silver hair and her husband were coming up for dinner and to meet the boys I had been raving about. Way. to. jinx. it. So, they came, my sis and I stayed in the house and chatted while we watched the husbands and all the kids play outside. And, as it often does when dads are involved, the playing got a little crazy. This itself is not the problem. The problem is that the children have a difficult time unwinding and often lose control and a whole new set of problems arise. This is what happened. BoyOne was super hyper. The out of control kind. Huz finally led him upstairs to his room and told him to calm down. Or at least he tried to. Huz rarely gets upset with the kids. It sometimes bugs me because I end up having to be the disciplinarian ALL THE TIME. (For any Modern Family watchers, I've started calling him Phil when this happens. i.e. the episode where Phil promises his children a new computer, a chicken pot pie and a car if they "unplug" for a week) Anyhow, so if dad ever gets mad, and his mad is really just a disappointed look, the kids are devastated. Devastated. And BoyOne was just that. I had to sit upstairs with him for two hours trying to console him. I think his heart broke. I felt bad for him. There's finally a father figure in his life and he feels like he just got in trouble. Poor kid. Finally, I convince him to come eat dinner with me (everyone else is long done by now). I'm hoping that he'll get over this quick. It seems like once he is downstairs he does.

Later, while we're watching t.v. as a group BoyOne comes up to me and says, "Thank you mama" and kisses my cheek. This is huge.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. You didn't jinx it. We loved the boys still. What do you expect when the day before they went trick or treating and probably stayed up all night eating candy? We didn't think it was that bad. We just felt bad that we didn't get to do more with them.

    ReplyDelete