Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hard to Sleep

I'm having a hard time sleeping. This is usually NOT a problem. It definitely is not because I am not tired. My mind races. It's like a great big Nascar race inside my head.

When I pray before I go to bed I pray for BoyOne and BoyTwo. And good grief. I can think of soooooooo many things to pray for concerning them. Where do you even start?! I pray for their health, that they will stay warm, that they will be able to learn, that they will remember happiness, the list goes on and on. I imagine it might be like a prayer a mother of a missionary would offer. The kids are in this strange land, I can't get to them or talk to them. Who knows if they are even getting my letters. You start to think of all the little itty bitty things.

The other night I had a weird momentary dream that there was a fire. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. After checking on my girls, I lay in bed thinking of all the injustices in the world and trying to determine what, if anything, I could possibly do. I talked to my cousin the other night. I told her about a program I know of that helps kids phasing out of foster care here in the US and about another program that helps kids who "graduate" from an orphanage. I told her maybe that's what they need in Ukraine. We both said I have 3 years to figure it out. Three years because that is when BoyOne will "graduate."

Then, when I tried to sleep, I thought to myself "what about the other kids that "graduate" before then?"

And then I stayed awake for a really long time and prayed some more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Steph :) You have such a big heart. Some day all the injustice is the world will be gone. The pain, sorrows, and heartache too. When we look back it will feel like it all happened in a blink of an eye. Someday, all the wrings will be made right. :)I'm so glad you are my sister.

    ReplyDelete