Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bounce House

Friday was another organized SAC activity. We went to a bounce house. The kids had a great time. The boys had seen pictures on my phone of the girls at one and I told them that we would be going. Ever since then, they have been so excited.

It was interesting, watching all these kids interact. The boys always got in front of the girls in line, as in cutting in. I was told that this is the way in Ukraine, boys are always first. Again, possible problem with their country? I had to grab BoyTwo several times to "help" him wait his turn. All in all, it was super fun and the kids were sad to leave. I didn't get any pictures like I had planned as I was very busy chasing after BoyTwo, making sure he didn't escape... BoyOne had a great time with the inflatables and then later spent some time at the air hockey table. He is really athletic and good at all sports. I told him via the computer translator one time that he is very good at athletics, that it was a talent. He said, "no," and then pantomimed volleyball and golf. He has a good sense of humor, too. I can joke with him and it's fun. For example, for Halloween I asked if he wanted to dress up as a girl. At first he was mortified but then he saw I was kidding and laughed. Another time, we were all in the bathroom brushing teeth and doing hair and I pretended to start to put pony tails in his hair. He thought that was pretty funny too.

This past week, BoyOne has been staying up later than all the other kids and watching movies and hanging out with huz and I. He always falls asleep on the couch and huz will carry him up to his bed. The latest he's made it is 10:00 p.m. Wish my girls were more like that!!

Friday night we dropped One off at a lesson and went to our old neighborhood school to let the kids play while we waited. We had a great time, Two and Three played with a couple of their great friends from when we lived there. BoyOne and BoyTwo brought their new soccer balls and cleats to play soccer. This caused a little trouble. BoyOne really can be just the best brother and best kid and can be so happy. But then, other times, he is just mean and ornery. He's mean to his brother. That makes me the most sad. I know it's probably because of how he was treated, but I still wish he could find it in himself to rise above. Anyhow, tonight was one of those nights. He was mean to his brother, making him cry and hide behind me from him. When we asked him to stop, he just yelled. He was very easily frustrated with himself while playing ball, to the point that it wasn't fun for anyone anymore. He is so hard on himself at times. Expects perfection. He forgets that he's only 13 and that he hasn't had many opportunities to do the things he's trying to do. Poor kid. So, we went home, he wouldn't eat dinner, wouldn't talk to us, wouldn't look at us, stayed in his room facing the wall and eventually went to sleep. Sad. What a way to spend one of your final days here. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment