Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Little Something

Congrats to a couple of my friends whose adoptions were just completed officially by the courts of Ukraine and to those who just received their travel dates to start that phase of the adventure. Hopefully we're just behind you!! Except I just called my doctor and the results of my blood work won't be available until next week. ?!?! Huz had his draw on Monday afternoon and his results were back Tuesday at 2. I was a little worried thinking that maybe something was wrong and that was the hold up. I started thinking back to all the needles that had been poked into my body during my pregnancies. But the doctor assured me that it always took his office this long because they send their blood work out for these particular tests. Of course they do. I should tell you right now that I have the worst luck ever. And Huz, well, he is quite the opposite (that's how he ended up with me. hehe:) In all honesty, I think he is my one lucky happening that I'll ever have). Seriously, if we were having a contest to see who could get home first and he was in Idaho and I was at the market two miles from our home, he would win. My kids never want to drive with me because something always holds us up. Like the time there was some random dog on the middle of the highway out for a Sunday stroll and everyone was afraid of hitting him (it's a narrow two lane highway) so traffic was literally stopped for like 1/2 an hour. I finally got out of my car and got him when I got close enough to see what was going on. But we are way off subject. Anyhow, should've gone to the other doctor. Oh well.

My good friend is leaving for Ukraine in just a couple of weeks and has offered to take a little something to our boys for us. So, what do you give a couple of orphans who will end up sharing whatever is sent with everyone around them? I've already sent candy, matchbox cars, ping pong paddles and a net that can be attached to any table, and pictures. I know they love pictures, so we'll send some more of those for sure. I was trying to think of something different, though. It needed to be something that was small, too, because there is not very much luggage room. Today while we were out we decided to look around a bit to see what we could find. We finally came across something that we hope will be a hit: a whoopie cushion.

3 comments:

  1. Hit the dollar store. Cheap and effective orphan loot everywhere there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent Alex a cheap small Styrofoam type airplane to put together. He liked that. He also loves those books that give you patterns for folding airplanes and origami. I sent English books for him to start working on and flash cards. (I doubt he even looked at them.) A little beanie bear with an American Flag that I sprayed with my perfume. No idea what happened to it. He probably traded it for a bag of chips or something.
    I also translated on my computer a version of the Night Before Christmas which probably translated into the most psychotic story ever!
    Good luck. It's so hard to know what to send and you don't want to send anything too cool that they'll get beat up for or that won't ever make it out of the directors office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the congrats. I'm still feeling like that fat lady hasn't sung yet though. She's just walked on stage. I agree with the dollar store. We got a bunch of stuff there. We also hit WalMart and got some things there. These girls LOVE to play UNO. Since there are other families going with interpreters you could have them teach them to play. We've also taught them Phase 10 and they seem to really like that as well.

    ReplyDelete