Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm Amazed!!

This was a busy week, like most. We were hoping to get our USCIS fingerprinting done, but then the house flooded and there was just no way to make that happen. Here's hoping for next week...

This particular Friday I did a story time/activity for Two's class. Also on Fridays I teach a writing class at our elementary school (don't judge. I'm just a parent volunteer.) Right as my writing class was starting, I ran into the school OT and the district OT that has helped with Two's 504 and at-school therapy. We had to discuss a few things. These two are really great people. It is so nice to know that I am not the only one that sees her needs. Sometimes I feel like crazy mom and begin to think a) I am alone to meet her needs, or b) I am the crazy one. Their support and agreement is refreshing. That being said, we talked about many things that need to be done or aren't being done. That added to my to do list. Anyhow, after writing class we raced home only for a minute. We had to leave home right away for a dance competition that One was in. (She did great and had a great time.) I grabbed the mail on my way in and I am so. glad. I. did.

There was a thick envelope, felt a little padded, addressed to me. My first thought was that I had not ordered anything. Then I saw that it was from Washington. Then I saw who it was from and it took me a second to recognize the name. A lady that works for the same company as Huz had sent me a package. Right away I knew what it was. I was jaw-dropped amazed as I opened it.

Suzi and I met 6 years ago on a business trip that spouses were allowed to come on. She is a really fun, easy going, easy to get along with person. Since that time I have had the pleasure of seeing her on several other trips like that. In fact, she was in Scottsdale with us. I had found out that she liked to quilt and she and I had a fun conversation about quilting and fabric and giving. It was really great. So, as I recognized her name and felt the padded envelope, I knew she had sent me fabric. For all of you who don't know, fabric isn't exactly cheap anymore. This woman had bought me two different prints from my favorite designer and a pattern so that I could make a quilt! There was also such a nice note inside.

Every time I think about what she did I am amazed. Not only did she remember our conversation, she remembered my favorite designer, she took the time to think of me and when she saw the fabric, bought it for me, along with a pattern so that I could use it, wrote the nicest note (on a cotton fabric note card-bet you didn't know there was such a thing:I)) and sent it to me. I can't even believe someone was thinking of me like that!! Amazing!! We need more Suzi's in the world. Me included.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment