Wednesday, March 9, 2011

USCIS, part 3

So, I called the USCIS again today to find out if I had been assigned a case worker yet. As soon as we are in the system, we will be able to get finger printed and hopefully that will move this step along. But, maybe not. But, it's worth a try.

Today, the person I spoke with at the USCIS was very polite and spoke kindly. The information she gave me was the same though, and that's discouraging. Am I in the system? We don't know. Is the processing of applications taking longer than usual? Yes. How much longer? It's about three to six months, but closer to three right this minute. Is Ukraine being given priority attention due to the potential moratorium? (this was the case early in February) We don't know. And we can't tell you. Should I just keep calling back to find out if I've been updated to the system? Yes. At least this time when I said thanks and have a nice day, she said you're welcome.

A new development in our story is that we are sending several of our documents to Ukraine on Saturday with friends that are traveling there to complete their adoption. This will help us get in line to get a submission date with the SDA. Approximately 3 weeks after we submit to the SDA we will hear from them a date to travel. Personally, I am hoping to submit in April and travel in May. That could be optimistic, but I hope it's realistic. I'm hoping to find out when SDA submission dates are being given tomorrow and then I'll know how far off I am or not.

To all my traveling friends-
Congratulations!! You've made it so far! Enjoy your time in Ukraine. We'll see you in a few weeks when you're back with your newest family members! Our prayers will continue to be with you. Safe travels and God bless!!

...and yes, I'm super jealous that I'm not going with you all:) Tell our boys hi!

2 comments:

  1. I was a little nervous to find out what happened when you called back.. Not so bad, but not what you wanted to hear either. Keep the faith, it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at em. This this the worst part of it all -- waiting for that document. You paid enough for it, you'd think you would have it tomorrow. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete