Monday, March 7, 2011

USCIS, part 2

So, to all of my friends who have been through this and those who are going through this-I am feeling a little panicked!! I tried to get fingerprinted without an appointment, as I know many of us have done. The fingerprinting place would have done it, but we weren't in the system. As in, USCIS hadn't registered us yet.

Part of the problem is most likely the fact that I sent in the application without our home study to get things started. This was fine to do, as we were told by the USCIS and the adoption agency. We have received notification that they have our home study and our app, but we haven't been assigned a case number or a case worker. When I called to talk to someone at USCIS to find all this out, the woman I spoke with told me that it would be quite some time until we were assigned a case worker. She told me that there were cases still in their office waiting to be assigned a case worker that had been sitting in their office since THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY!!!!!!!

This is not good!! I told her that time frame surprised me as I had several friends who had submitted their paperwork and had received it in a much timelier manner. She told me that they must have just had better luck. Thanks a lot lady. I thanked her for her help and told her that I appreciated her explaining this to me. Then she just hung up. Without even saying your welcome, or thanks for calling, or call if you have other questions. So much for good old government customer service. Sheesh.

p.s. I knew there would be a part 2. grrrrr.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Talk to Anne. She might have some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found emailing worked much better and got better results than calling. I'll see if I can forward you the email address. We had some issues with misspelling and they took care of it via email.

    ReplyDelete