Sunday, February 19, 2012

"The" Post and "The" Some Pictures

BoyTwo's newest word is 'the'. Every time he gets hooked on a new word, we hear it all. the. time. Now, the word 'the' is not really new to him, I think he has been receiving some instruction in his ELL class on how to use it, which in turn is transferring into ALWAYS using it.

During prayer: "thank you for the mom. thank you for the dad. thank you for the BoyOne. thank you for the One. thank you for the Two. thank you for the BoyTwo. thank you for the Three. Thank you for the Four. thank you for the teacher. thank you for the Vwheelbur (wilbur our rabbit). thank you for the Lady (dog). thank you for the _______. You fill in the blank. Just make sure you say 'the' before it.

or how about:

'Mom, I see the BoyTwo!' translation, Mom, watch me!
'Mom, I say you me the good day?' translation, Mom, ask me if I had a good day.
'Mom, where is the pop?' translation, where is Dad?

Oh, isn't it so cute?! I'm liking this 'the' thing a whole lot better than the 'who is this?'

I'm pretty excited to have figured out that I can email myself pictures from my cell phone and then down load them to the blog. Here are a few that I pulled from the past few months. I'll keep adding some as I find them:)


this is what BoyOne does during his English Lit class. Notice how the board says 'please don't touch or write on this board.' This is one reason why I have had the pleasure of attending junior high recently with my son.


One, Four, my sister Shalyce, Three, Two during our recent visit to her neck of the woods. She curled everybody's hair for them and they looked so cute! We hope to visit again soon.


This is Four wearing vampire teeth. The funny part of this picture is that she used dry erase marker to draw on her head and face, it is days after Halloween, and those are someone else's vampire teeth. ew. But, she is cute, so I guess it's ok.


This is Four, Two, Three, One posing as lionesses on the red rock of southern Utah.


And this one? Well, it's clear back from Halloween evening!
BoyOne (robot), Two (girl pirate), One (Hermione), Three (green witch), Four (copycat, I mean green witch), BoyOne (who knows what I'm supposed to call this but he LOVED his costume until the fake blood broke and stopped spewing)

4 comments:

  1. And we wonder why people always say "The Ukraine."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my boys - even the ones who've been here the longest, drop "the" now and then. It is one of the hardest things to get my Korean students to learn in the ESL classes I teach. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts and the pictures.

    ReplyDelete