Monday, April 4, 2011

USCIS, part 7

Okay, here is an amendment. And an apology for my lack of patience. I feel like I always give up right before something happens. Then I feel repentant. You'd think I'd learn...

Huz just called me and he tried calling again and was able to get ahold of a very helpful man. This guy said that he was physically looking for our paperwork and that he couldn't find it but thought that was because someone had grabbed it to process it. We are hoping and praying that someone got Huz's message and DOES care!! And that our app really isn't lost. That'd be really bad. Anyhow, this guy took our cell phone numbers, our home phone, our emails and told us he'd contact us as soon as he found out who had our app. Keep ya posted!

Man, these people really just don't care.

So, it looks like we're not going to be able to submit on the 13th. Huz called them this morning and got about as far as I ever did, which isn't far at all. He did leave a few messages for some people, but they said they only return calls once a day from 9-10 a.m. our time.

It's not terrible, there's just two kids sitting in an orphanage on the other side of the world wondering why all the other families except for theirs are adopting the other kids right now.

We'll be able to get another submission date, it just pushes our travel date back further and further and further. The next thing to get anxious about is that Huz's brother gets married at the end of June and the very next week I'm supposed to be at girl's camp for our church. I hadn't even worried about these two things before because I thought we'd certainly be back long before then. Silly me:)

Oh well. It's all good. I just keep telling this to myself.

3 comments:

  1. *Hugs* Man, this is beyond stupid! I wonder if you were to submit a whole new application if it would get you through faster. Not that it's realistic, of course, but still. You wonder. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope this guy can help! You just need ONE person on the inside. I don't remember this part at all, I don't remember being assigned a case worker or anything. I wonder if things have changed in two years time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are driving me nuts too. I am gonna hurt someone if I don't hear something soon.

    ReplyDelete