Friday, April 1, 2011

Augh!!!!

I need some help. From anyone.

Just talked to the USCIS AGAIN. The lady I spoke with was kind, but not at all helpful. In all honesty, I'd rather talk to someone nice and unhelpful than rude and unhelpful so perhaps that is the ONLY plus.

We still don't have a case worker. STILL. I asked when I could anticipate being assigned, as our paperwork is due next week. The lady said, "Cases are taking about a month to be assigned and then another week to process. We've only had your case here for two weeks, so you have a while."

Me, "Actually you have had our application for six weeks, and we still don't have a case worker." As in the information you just gave me is inaccurate. Or else we'd have our approval.

Her, "I must have looked at the calendar wrong."

Yeah, by like a MONTH!

Judas.

She can't help. She won't help. Doesn't matter that our stuff is due in a week or that for some mysterious reason our case is taking EXTRA long. She told me to call back next week to see if I had been assigned. I told her that would be past our submission date and too late. She told me that was too bad.

What am I supposed to do?!?!

Everyone else I know had a case worker assigned to them nearly immediately!! As in days, not months!! I'm trying not to freak out, but I don't even know what to do now. Every single person at the USCIS that I talk to tells me something different. Every single person!!! Don't they all work for the same place? How can there be twenty different answers for the same flippin' question. Seriously. I know of twelve different families that have received their USCIS approval in less than one month. This year. What is the deal?! The USCIS tells me they don't know. They don't know ANYTHING!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if you had your husband call and shake things up a bit? Sometimes a male voice can be a little more intimidating. Have the kids running around, yelling and screaming, when he call just to make sure you get the blood pumping. That'll get a few words exchanged for sure. :)

    Another idea would be to go to the UCIS office and try talking to them again, only ask for the boss over there and let some tears do the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I have no advice. But I do have hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph-

    Call and ask for Officer Mock. She actually cares! Good luck-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andreas is right. Go to the office but make sure you have an appointment or they won't let you past the metal detector. (I made that mistake) When you are there look at their name tags and write down what they say and let them know that you are documenting each conversation. When they think they may be held accountable for what they say they may actually do something to help. We waited FOREVER. Don't panic, they can give you another submission date in Ukraine but be prepared because the USCIS doesn't care if you are on a schedule. They work at their own pace and they don't see any urgency in helping you complete your family. It is really a sad situation.

    ReplyDelete