Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paper Pregnant

I've heard the adoption process referred to as a 'paper pregnancy' before. While I certainly haven't been suffering from morning sickness, my weight has increased (eating due to stress) and I am just as anxious to get these kids home as I was to get my babies birthed.

Tomorrow is a big day. If we get that coveted paper from the USCIS, we submit to the Ukrainian SDA next Wednesday. We would then be able to be in Ukraine in approximately six weeks to 'give birth' if you will.

To relate this in terms of pregnancy, it would be like going in for an ultra sound tomorrow. The doctor is either going to tell you 'you are due in 6 weeks' or 'I'm sorry, you actually have twelve weeks.'

Kind of a big deal.

Kind of going to be a big let down if we don't get that paper.

Kind of going to be either ecstatic and pleased with the USCIS or cursing the slowness of this process.

Cross your fingers:)

4 comments: