Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Didn't Make It

Well, it came as no big surprise to me that our paper did not make it in time for our dossier to be submitted today. Bummer. We tried our hardest and did everything within our power to make it happen, and so did our agency. The chaperone that stayed with us during the hosting trip, Oleg, is an attorney for the agency and he tried to get the SDA to still take it. They couldn't, but they told him they may be able to take it next Wednesday. They will tell him for sure tomorrow. If not next Wednesday, they will tell him when then.

Yesterday one of the families that adopted from our orphanage came home. I went to the airport to see them. They are the first from our group to have completed their adoption and did so in record time. Sweet! They adopted a cute 16 year-old girl. Now their next adventure begins...

We are anxious to go. With families starting to bring their kids home and us not having had communication with the boys for a couple months now, it feels like it is taking forever. I'm not freaking out though. I feel confident that when we are supposed to have this happen, God will provide a way and until then, I will trust in His impeccable, perfect timing.
(and try not to gorge myself with brownies and ice cream and other yummy treats...)

7 comments:

  1. Drat. :( Hopefully next Wednesday then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I am so sorry.....I know how frustrating this is....it's like getting your due date pushed out for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie! Oh, how happy I was to see that you had graced my blog with a comment. Even two! :) Wow, this is such exciting stuff happening for you guys! Sorry it's taking longer than you'd like, but what an amazing story. It makes me so happy to think of these kids who have lived such a hard, sad, lonely life finally able to go to happy families where they'll be well taken care of. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming to the airport! I was a mess and would have loved to stay and visit with everyone there for hours! Can't wait to sit at home and read about your journey in Ukraine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been watching your blog and loving your emails. I think of you guys all the time and can't wait to hear when you are going. I think you are an awesome example too. Keep me posted and know that I am praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so annoying!! Hopefully it all ends up well(:

    ReplyDelete