Tuesday, April 26, 2011

She said...

As we drove past a cemetery yesterday, Three said to me,

"Mom, when we're moms and you're dead, what kind of a rock do you want on your bury place?"

Me, "Well, I will probably still be alive when you are a mom, at least for a while," thinking I ought to reassure her (and my other more paranoid child, Two) that I'm not about to kick it.

Three, "Well, you probably will die, so what kind of rock do you want? BIG?! or little."

*******
Four recently told me that her best friend is her ghost. We've been hearing about her ghost for awhile now. He tells her to do things she gets in trouble for, plays horses with her and gives her wedgies. While I don't love that 'Ghost' is 'telling' Four to be naughty, I love that she has an imaginary friend. Huz and I both had imaginary friends when we were little and I've always hoped that at least one of our kids would follow suit. It's just so entertaining. While Four's friend 'Ghost' is slightly more creative than my 'Lou-lou', nothing will ever be as awesome as Huz's dear friend, 'Googalocha.'

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling a little neglected that not one of my children have asked about my "rock" on my bury place! Too funny.
    And also too funny about the "Ghost" maybe he is the evil twin to the Holy Ghost? (Was that sacrilegious? I hope not!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I've wondered about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany had an imaginary friend when she was about 4-5. His name was "boy". Little did she know that she would end up with seven brothers! Don't you just love conversations with kids. It is a good thing you are writing them down because we tend to forget them. One of the best I have heard from my kids was when Cali, my 5 year old told me she loved me so much she could kiss a toilet!

    Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete