Monday, April 18, 2011

Submit Wednesday/Easter

Well, we're all set to submit this Wednesday. This time all of our paperwork is already in Ukraine, so hopefully that all works out well. :)

I'd really like to write a nasty post about how much I dislike the USCIS and how irresponsible and uncaring they appear to be. How in any other profession it would be unacceptable to give a time frame for a time sensitive project, and then proceed to extend that time frame by weeks and even months. How in any other profession if someone was to somehow manage to lose paperwork as frequently as they do, they would be unemployed. I'd like to tell you all how I told an officer there that my little boy over in Eastern Europe had been admitted to the hospital with head pain, without a mom or dad to sit with him or kiss his forehead, and how that same worker told me that everyone has a sad story and wants their paperwork. I'd like to see everyone who is employed by the USCIS have to send their child to sit in an Eastern European orphanage while they submit their paperwork and wait the long drawn out days, weeks, and months for approval to come-just so that they know what they are doing to the many families and children that they work for and who pay their salaries. I would also like to find out what their case load is like and then hire an outside, independent firm to process applications and see how much more efficient the private firm proved to be. I'd like to share with you how after the many, MANY hours we spent on the phone, and the many different people we spoke with we did finally get ahold of two people who cared. One man who found someone to process our case, and an Officer Mock who immediately processed and approved our application.

But, that will have to wait for another day. Because even though I do feel all those things, I also feel fine about our time frame and know that Heavenly Father is working on things that we know nothing of.

Today I want to share that I know bad things happen to good people. Terrible, sad, tragic, disappointing events take place each and every day to undeserving, unsuspecting, wonderful people. While I know that these things will refine those who they happen to, I also know that it is a test to see how those of us who witness the misfortune react. I know that in this crazy world where bad decisions are made and indifference seems to rule, there are kind, amazing, hopeful people that see the miracle in the sun rising and setting, a family growing closer through trial, and God's hand in simply all they do and are. I know that a loving Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers, even the vain and repetitious ones. I know he has a plan for every person that has ever lived on this earth and for those who will in the future. I know that His son, Jesus, is my Savior, brother and example. I know that while Jesus was on earth, as a good, wonderful man, he experienced many of the feelings we often experience and that in the garden of Gethsemane, he experienced them all. I know that many years ago bad decisions were made and indifference ruled as the Son of God was judged by man and then killed. I know that the family of Christ's followers reached to each other and comforted one another, growing closer through the trial of their Saviors' death. I know that a miracle happened when the sun rose and it was discovered that Jesus was gone from the tomb. While at first the people were devastated that His body was missing, they misunderstood (as we often do) and soon realized that Heavenly Father does answer prayers, that He does have a plan for each of us and for those who come after. I know that Jesus Christ is risen, and because of that, justice will prevail, hearts can be healed, and that we can all live again.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, any comment I make would detract from the emotion behind your post. So I'd like to simply repeat what Wendy said -- Amen!

    And THANK YOU for coming to so many airport homecomings. You make such a sacrifice, dragging #1, #2, #3 and #4 with you each time. You are one amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you. Today was our 3rd scheduled submission date and we still were not submitted! Because of USCIS!!!!!!! So happy for you that you were submitted today! Maybe if they can get things together, we will cross paths in Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, WOW, can I just say that again...WOW. I would have loved to hear those words in Fast and Testimony meeting. I would have really perked up with that. (well, not the part about the USCIS, which I wholeheartedly AGREE with). You certainly have a way with words!

    Hang in there, can't wait to hear what is next. You are going to have some awesome posts in Ukraine if the ones you have now before going are that good! Love you loads!!!!

    ReplyDelete