Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Three

I'm a little behind, but Three celebrated her birthday two weeks ago and I realized I hadn't dedicated a post to her!  So, Three, here you go and here's to you!!

 a brand new baby.  girl #3.  she was 7 lbs even.

 these pics are obviously in no particular order.  Three LOVES to dress up.  To be fancy.  It's her priority.  In fact, just the other day she wore one of her dance recital dresses to a birthday party because she just couldn't find an outfit fancy enough for the occasion.  This was not a 'dressing up' party.  Just a regular old birthday party.  I think she was about 2 in this picture.

 Three was almost 3 in this picture.  I love how sweet and innocent she looks because really, she's pretty feisty.  In fact, I remember a family friend telling me one time that I 'just need to get all that steered in the right direction.'  Knowing exactly what 'that' he was talking about, I asked very seriously what direction that was because I needed some help.  He just chuckled which I took to mean one of two things a) he thought I was kidding, but I was not, b) he had no idea either.

 the girl LOVES lipstick.  up until a year ago, she called it 'lipkiss'.  I've been known to borrow 'lipkiss' from my two year old, which is how old she is in this picture.  

 Three LOVES to be fancy.  My definition of 'fancy' and hers often differ and I learned long ago that it is not a battle worth fighting.  So, here she is, age 3, looking fancy.  Yes, those are tights and no she didn't wear anything else over them.  see above statement.

 more lipkiss.  Love those brown eyes of hers.  She has such a serious look when she isn't smiling.  

 We're traveling in this picture and she is asleep in her carseat.  Notice the two headbands (because one headband is too boring.) and sunglasses.  She's four.

 4 years old here.  This is an actual outfit.  It's hard to tell but she has a leotard with a tulle skirt on, then the pink stripey tights followed by the blue polka dot skirt (but still allowing the tulle to hang over the top of all that) with a striped tank top on.

 This is a current picture of Three.  Well, sort of.  It's from May.  Her hair is now cut in a really cute, steep a-line bob.  While this was at her dance recital, this look is not uncommon (recital outfit, make up) on an every day basis.

 more lipkiss.  She's 3 here.  We actually had a lipstick themed party for her 5th birthday.  We played 'Put the lipstick on the face' (a variation of pin the tail on the donkey), we held lipstick between our teeth and put it on our neighbor, she received many, many new 'lipkisses', and I had made a cake that looked like an open lipstick.  It was a huge hit.  But really, that's how much she LOVES lipstick!

 Another awesome outfit.  This was taken on our way out the door to have her hair cut.  She had grown it long enough to donate 10 inches to locks of love.  She's 4 1/2.  The pants are not tucked into the boots, they're capris.  Not sure which look would have been more awesome:)

 3 years old here.  She's my sleeper.  Which I would later find out (this year, actually) is because she is dairy intolerant and never felt well.  Every time we would go to the pool she would lay down on the cement to get warm (you know how the cement is always nice and hot) and fall asleep.  I'd tuck a towel under her head for added comfort.

 and more lipkiss
(see?  serious face)
love those brown eyes

 Three LOVES babies.  She always had many of them sleeping with her.  Now she has this stuffed bear that she sleeps with.  That and the yellow blankey still.

 Three with her lipkiss (look closely), babies, yellow blankey, and lots of beautiful fancy layers.  Three wants to be a mom when she grows up.  How sweet is that?!  Sometimes I think that she should have been the mom.

 hahahahahahaha.  She's a leprechaun.  The outfit underneath is also fancy.  Pink leggings, purple and cheetah print denim skirt, orange and hot pink shirt with yet another shade of pink jacket on top.  Not for warmth, but for looks.  It's all about the looks.

Look at that fanciness!  It's hard to see, but she is wearing silver sandals with fuchsia tights underneath her camo pants.

Three,
I am so honored to be your mom!  I'm so glad that you love to snuggle!  I love that you always want to watch me 'make' (bake, cook) and be with me.  I love to be with you, too.  I love your beautiful smile and that you love to be beautiful.  I love that you love to play and have fun.  I love that your favorite color is blue.  I love that you named one of your babies 'Blue-ish'.  I love how you used to call horses 'hogres'.  I love that you have your own style.  Thanks for sharing your lipkiss with me.  I love you the most!  Love, mom


2 comments:

  1. Aw. So precious. :) Little One loves lipstick and make-up and totally dresses to her own drum, so to speak. Two peas in a pod. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, sweetie! Your pics are adorable!

    ReplyDelete