Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Going Home, part 2

More of our trip to TN

 One of our all time favorite places to visit while we are in TN is  Pinkerton Park.  It's awesome!!
There are fields for running and soccer, swings, three different playgrounds, a green belt walking/running trail, and our very favorite Tinkerbell Playground!

 Love all the pretty flowers and bushes and trees that don't grow out in the west.

 Two crossing the monkey bars.  Look at all that proprioceptive input she's getting!  You can see from the smile on her face that she is one happy little girl!!

 BoyOne in a rare moment with a real smile:)

 Synchronized monkey bars.  The first of many synchronized events to take place during this trip.

 One standing on top of something not very safe, I'm sure.

 Three crossing the bars.

 BoyTwo watching the chaos.

 Isn't that such a great picture?!  I was lucky to catch the cool view with my camera.

 Four.  She is big into showing us how she can do the splits on everything from picnic tables (here) to the stairs to the pews at church...

 One and Four.  This was super entertaining to watch.

 And then began the great game of tag!!  Run Three, run!!  This is a favorite pastime of the kids because it involves running and climbing.  They play this elaborate tag game where they are not allowed to touch the ground.  They even have a specific 'fair' way of deciding who has to be 'it' first.  It starts out all fun and games but there are two kids (Three and BoyTwo) who don't like to be 'it' ever.  And then the big kids get a little too serious about it and then the game ends, but for now it was fun.  It was fabulous to watch the rest of the kids who came to the part watch this craziness and then ask to play.  At one point there were our six kids and six others playing, too.

 Love the look of surprise on her face.  She must have either seen someone get tagged or was about to be tagged herself:)

 When it started to get ugly, we decided (I insisted) that the little kids be allowed to step off the structure and onto a nearby 'boat' where they could claim 'base' (btw I just had to step outside to ask my kids what it was called as I couldn't remember the word.  space?  place?  I was close) and have a little rest for a minute.  Or two.  Or three.  One kid asked my kids if they were all friends and they told him they were siblings and the kid said something along the lines of 'holy crap!'  hahaha

 The left side of the Tinkerbell Playground where tag was played.

 The right side of the playground.  It's huge and there was tons of room to run and be off the ground.  Perfect for their game.

 The fence is blocking it, but this is a set of drums.  Shocking, I know, that BoyTwo was drawn to this:)
See how his head is?  That is how it is all the time.  He can't hold it up.  We're working on it though.  He just doesn't have any muscles.

 Three and BoyTwo.  

 My kids call my dad Papa John and my mom Grandma Shari.  My dad bought KF.C and brought it to the park for us to have for dinner when he got off of work.  The kids were pretty pumped as they were starving and needed to be refueled.

Four asked that I take this picture of her being a bunny.  She pretended to be a rabbit for quite a long time, complete with the wiggly nose and teeth.  Kept her very busy after tag fell apart.

3 comments:

  1. Love Pinkerton Park. Lots of good memorie there with you guys and my own friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this post but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about that cute picture of your pioneer girl. I have to go take a peek at it again :) thanks for the smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chiggers - it's a Southern thing (I grew up in Oklahoma). They are little bugs that live in the grass and bite your feet and ankles. Not sure if this is true or just a misinformed memory from my childhood - but supposedly they burrow under your skin. We used to pain nail polish over the bites to smother them. Maybe I should Google it too. lol.

    ReplyDelete