Sunday, September 23, 2012

Addendum to Post 'Denied'

I misspoke/miswrote in my last post.

BoyTwo was denied our request for testing.  They won't even test him to see if he is delayed based on the fact that he is an ELL student.  They will not even look at our case.

I very much appreciate all the advice and comments I have received.  It is really discouraging to try to help your child only to meet roadblock after roadblock.  As you all know, all we want to do is to help our kids achieve the quality of life they deserve.

I have been reading a lot over the weekend and will continue to 'fight' for my kids.

I will say that from the best of my knowledge and based on my prior experiences with my two bio kids that receive services, in our state we have to be approved for testing before the whole 'testing must begin within 30 days of written request'.  In case I'm wrong, I have a document prepared for the school that I will be delivering in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment