Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kind of Tired

When we arrived home that first night it was about 1:30 a.m. For the Ukrainians that is 10:30 a.m. So they weren't very tired. And even though we should have been, we weren't. Poor Chaperone wasn't feeling well at all so he went to bed first. I can't imagine being in a foreign country and not feeling well. You know how you just want your own bed and your own stuff? One, Two, Huz, and BoyTwo all went to bed at about 3 a.m. BoyOne and I stayed up until 5 a.m. I could've crashed before then but I wasn't about to leave BoyOne on his own, it being his first night here and all.

What did we do? Well, you name it, we probably did it. We toured the house, the yard, met the pets, played pool, danced, ate, laughed and tried to talk. AND don't forget the much needed bath!!! While they were bathing I stole their clothes and threw them into the wash.

Wouldn't you know, the next morning Three and Four who had not come to the airport were up at eight ready to meet the boys! Groan. I wouldn't let them wake them up until 10. We were advised that they may stay up late but not to let them sleep in too long so that they could begin to get acclimated to the time change.

Two had a soccer game. While she was at that, I got everyone ready for the day, fed them and packed us up for a swimming activity planned by SAC. We had SO MUCH FUN!! The boys were wild! Just like our girls. Huz and I kind of split the group up. He kept track of whomever he was holding (usually Four) and I chased after the other FIVE.

Once again, we were super impressed with the way BoyOne took care of BoyTwo. These guys aren't afraid to try anything. If they think it up, they do it. They don't have a parent warning them to be careful or to not do something because it is dangerous. That being said, as 6 year-old BoyTwo launched himself off the side of the shallow end of the pool to attempt a back flip!! we tried to catch him mid-air. No luck. He back flopped into the water. OW! btw-a back flop is like a belly flop, only on the back. But, BoyTwo didn't skip a beat. All smiles, he just kept going! One, Two, BoyOne, and BoyTwo formed a human chain and went down the slide together.

Afterwards, we ended up staying at the rec center playing basketball for a while. Lots of fun. We finally started for home and about SLC we decided we were pretty hungry. The Ukrainians wanted "fried potatoes and coca-cola." haha. We took them to Crown Burger. Daring of us to go to such a nice restaurant, I know. My sister and her husband met us there. I failed to mention that the afternoon that we were supposed to pick up the boys this same sister called me and offered to meet us at the airport to take pictures of the arrival so that I could be in the pictures! Isn't that so thoughtful?!

On the drive home the two boys fell asleep leaning on each others shoulders. I have that picture on my phone. It just might be my favorite so far. Once home, BoyTwo stayed asleep and our daughters were asleep shortly after that. Sweet! I thought. Bed time. Just as I was tucking myself in for a long winters nap, who should appear but... BoyTwo. Wow. He is stinkin cute! We played for a while, then I tried to get him back to sleep by tickling his face (this worked the night before). He faked asleep. I could tell he wasn't asleep but thought that maybe he wanted me to leave him alone and couldn't tell me, so I left. Went downstairs to do some laundry. When I came out of the laundry room BoyTwo was sitting at the bottom of the stairs. I picked up the cat, Onyx, (feel like I can share that name) and sat down next to him. He sat there petting the cat and jabbering away as if we were old friends and I could understand him. I wished I could. Then I made a little bed for him on the short couch, as we call it, and was about to lay down on the hide a bed next to huz. Then I saw the cat laying in my spot and I knew how much BoyTwo wanted to hold that cat. So at about 4 a.m. I tucked him in next to huz with Onyx in his arms and I took the short couch. That was another cute picture. BoyTwo and Onyx, not me on the short couch...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! Great posts! Great insight. Do you want to be on the SAC blog list? If not, that's okay. I'll keep it quiet but if so, I can add you.
    Chances are the little boy did not get to the same orphanage as the older boy until he was 5 or 6. He was probably in a baby orphanage. Sad huh?
    Cute sweet boys and what a fun mom you are! Sleeping on the short couch and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me Steph! How exciting for your family...can't wait to keep reading your posts! Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete