Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Weekend

Friday. This was the boys' first time ever to dye eggs. It's hard to tell, but there are some glitter eggs, some multi-colored, and others with designs. The kids love to color eggs and then eat them in the following days. Saturday. The Easter Bunny hates waking up at 6 a.m. (because this bunny doesn't go to bed until 2) to hide them before the kids wake up, but not too early that the eggs spoil.


4


3


BoyTwo


2


1


BoyOne with his 'Ukraine' egg. FYI I call this his 'Kermit the Frog' smile. Drives me nuts. Could he look any more constipated? He even sees pictures of himself later and tells me how he dislikes them because of how he looks in them. Well, then, smile, for the love!!



This year we invited our neighbors over for an Easter egg hunt and dinner on Friday night. It was originally supposed to be great weather, then it was supposed to snow which meant we would need to have the egg hunt in the house. Fortunately the snow melted and by evening the egg hunt was back on for the great outdoors. These are the some of the kids waiting to bust outside to collect. We had a lot of fun:)

I didn't take any pictures of us on Sunday, but it was a great day. My sisters all came up and we got to see baby Adelaide and Gage. There was a slightly long talk at church (but it was good, if you were actually paying attention to the words instead of zoning out BoyOne) and BoyOne felt it his responsibility to the congregation to try to end the talk by loudly announcing 'Amen' several times during the talk before I nearly killed him with my deathly eyes. All in all? Great Easter. Much better than Christmas was.


1 comment:

  1. I laugh at least once reading your blog every time. It was the loud "amen" that got me on this one and since I'm behind by a few posts, I had a good three laughs this morning!
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete