Tuesday, April 10, 2012

All In A Day

Yesterday we ate dinner at 8. Today's not looking much better. Unless I start dinner at breakfast, it just doesn't happen at a decent time. Why? Well, let me tell you.

First, my meeting that was supposed to end at 3:30 lasted until 4:15.

Next, Huz split his eye open near his brow bone while trying to put the basketball stand up and is currently getting stitches. But only after I tried using a butterfly bandage to hold it shut. And AFTER we finished putting the trillion pound basketball stand up. And AFTER the butterfly bandage wouldn't hold so I ran to the store to buy that liquid bandage stuff I've heard great things about. And AFTER BoyOne suddenly had soccer practice (which I am still highly doubtful of. Practice is usually Wednesday and there were only four boys, including him, at the park, but there was waaaaay too much going on to figure this out at the moment), followed by a church activity. And still then, only after the liquid bandage glue stuff wouldn't hold his eye together either and the neighbors told him that he'd better go get some stitches.

Then I realized I didn't have any idea where any of the other kids were, including the two neighbor kids I was watching. Don't worry, I found them quickly. They were up on the golf course like they aren't supposed to be, but since there aren't any golfers today (not sure why, it's beautiful out there!!), I'm going to let them keep themselves busy.

I also forgot that in between Huz splitting his eye open and me taking BoyOne to soccer, Two 'lost her shoe' in the river by our house that she is NOT allowed to be near. The shoe she just got for Easter. Not anything fancy or pricey, just a sparkly flipflop from a clearance rack, but still, she's had it three days (we do the bunny on Saturday).

Somewhere in there, I managed to throw dinner together and it is in the oven (BBQ chicken with sweet potato fries, yes, I'm ready for summer) but won't be ready until 7:15ish, but that's better than 8, right?!

And that all happened between 4:25 when I got home and 6:10. Holy Hannah!!

Just for fun, here is a picture of BoyOne making cookies (not today) using a jello recipe we found (thus the blue dough). The cookies turned out good enough, but it won't be a recipe that we pass down from generation to generation. p.s so much for the boy who knows everything and doesn't need lessons on how to cook. He still doesn't think it necessary to pull egg shells out of the food (don't even get me started about how he won't let me teach him to break an egg without getting the shell everywhere), wash his hands, etc. Yes, that's the cord to the mixer in the dough. Yep! He knows it all:) At least he's willing to try!



No comments:

Post a Comment