Friday, January 27, 2012

Quote of the Day

After not quite landing a 360 off a jump while skiing, BoyOne came down on his behind quite hard. This is what he had to say about it,

"Oh! I ouch my butt!"

lol.

BoyTwo also wrecked on the rainbow rail while skiing tonight and skinned his little nose. It's pretty icy up our way because it won't snow and the few times it has, it rains the next day and then freezes it. There's a ton of flooding up here (not us this year, thank heavens!!) because it's been so warm. Anyhow...

Here is a sample of his 'Argumentative Essay Outline'
(you'd think this would come very easily, given the argument part:))

Prompt: no cell phones in soccer (came up with this on his own)
Thesis: for many reasons, I do not believe we should have cell phones in soccer.
Reason 1: You could lose it (really?! this is the first reason for not having cell phones during soccer?!)
Evidence 1 of reason 1: he runs fast and jumps and the phone falls out of his pocket
Evidence 2 of reason 1: the ball can hit the pocket and break it (as I read this, I am realizing we need to work on the supportive evidences for the appropriate reason a little...)
Evidence 3 of reason 1: I give a pass as he stands and talks by telephone and the team is unhappy.

Oh the mind of a fourteen year old. Good times:)

2 comments:

  1. I love the essay. We have been working on writing stories and it seems simple, obvious and to the point is said in the most round about way at our house. But dang! For being her for such a short time, I would say Boy One is doing great!

    ReplyDelete