Friday, October 14, 2011

One

We recently celebrated One's birthday. She's a pretty cool chick. She and I enjoy a lot of similar hobbies. Reading, scrapbooking, sewing, shopping, pedicures, planning. She can hardly wait until we wear the same size shoe so that we can share.

One is a lot of fun to be around. She has a sunshiney personality. She's usually happy. When she was two we were driving and she was singing and talking loudly. I said, 'you are so loud!' She answered back, 'I'm not loud, I'm just happy!'

One makes friends very easily. She has friends all over the country. She is a social butterfly. She's creative and innovative. She loves to come up with ideas and things to sell. She is good at saving her money and worked really hard this year to save up enough money to pay for her solo dance fees. She even gave us some of her money to help pay for the adoption of her brothers.

Here she is with Four. One is a great big sister. She likes to dress up with her sisters. They can pretend play for hours.

Another evidence of her love for dressing up. Here she is in green with one of her many friends. They dressed up like boys to try to fool the neighbors. They think they are hilarious. And I guess they are:) Her laugh is contagious. It's one of those that you start laughing because she's laughing so hard but you have no idea why you're laughing.

Funny. Dressed up again. I didn't mean to pull so many pictures of her dressed up-just ones that really show her personality. The child oozes personality. Oozes it! She loves to dance and she's pretty good, too. She has a lot of natural abilities. Lucky. She's a fabulous gymnast, dancer, artist, and student. She is incredibly creative. It sometimes gets her into trouble...

This is a picture of her from her 8th birthday. Her hair is so long there. Her hair grows really fast and she has great hair. She has cut it off and donated it to be made into a wig three times. Speaking of hair, she has been doing her own hair since she was five. I was so disappointed. I love love love to do their hair. So, we had to make a bargain. I got to do it on Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursdays. She was in kindergarten and could braid her own hair. Now, she will help me in the mad dash to get out the door to church on time. I love when we hang out together at night and she'll play with my hair while I read aloud to her. It's so relaxing that I usually fall asleep while I'm reading to her and either look really funny or start talking really bizarre, which she loves because it is so hilarious to her. My siblings and I used to lay on my mom's bed while she was falling asleep. We'd try to have conversations with her just so we could hear her say crazy things and get a kick out of it. What goes around comes around, right?

This is last year's class pet, Leo. We got to babysit for the weekend while the boys were here for their hosting trip. One thing that I love about my girls is that they are girly but not afraid of things like big lizards crawling over them, or holding snakes, or playing ball. The boys were scared of this lizard, but after all the girls, including Four, demonstrated that it was harmless, they finally agreed to hold him. Now we all (well, all the females in the house) want our own lizard, but we haven't been able to figure out where to put it...

The only problem with her is that she prefers donuts over ice cream. Seriously though, the girl LOVES her donuts. Her past three birthdays I haven't even been able to make a cake, because she just wants donuts!!

I'm so glad to have One as my daughter. She rocks. We have lots of fun together and I look forward to more good times and possible girl trips. Just now she told me she wants an i-Pod touch for Christmas. Since she's reading this, I'll answer her here.

Keep dreaming:)

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! You are an amazing woman. Your daughter sounds just as amazing. Happy Birthday Miss Personality:-)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'll steal her from you anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I LOVE her hair....lucky people that got her wigs!
    Cute post.

    ReplyDelete