Wednesday, October 19, 2011

BoyOne

*this is a p.s.
For his health class, BoyOne was to make a collage on 1/2 sheet of poster board that showed 'who he was' and 'what he was all about.' What I thought was going to be a quick and easy, rip a few pictures out of magazines, project, turned into a 3 hour event. He wanted soccer on there, of course, but not just a soccer ball. We literally spent one entire hour looking at HUNDREDS (I kid you not) of soccer balls so that we could find just. the right. one. Anyhow, I ended up telling him to glue the pictures on the board while I put all the littles to bed. When I came back downstairs and looked at his nearly finished project, I was so impressed to see TWO pictures of Jesus on his board! This from a kid who told us he had heard of God and Jesus but did not really know anything about them, nor was he sure that he believed in them. :)

When I dropped him off at school this morning, in front of a hundred other kids, he waved to me and yelled,

"Bye! Love you, Mom!"

Doesn't get much better than that:)

3 comments:

  1. So good to see you and talk! I have to admit I like the crazy ride we are on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. :) You have to remember those moments in the hard times. I need to take my own advice.

    It was great to see you today!

    ReplyDelete