Friday, December 28, 2012

Two's Birthday Party

Last year, Two's birthday got skipped right over (another side affect of BoyTwo).  We tried to make her day special but it was severely lacking.  This year, I tried to make up for it!  We decided to have a cake shoppe.  We had dinner and then each of the girls got to decorate a cake.  I also made an apron for each of her friends.  Sort of.  I bought the white part online and made and added the ruffles.  It sounded totally easy in my mind, but the actual sewing took much longer than I anticipated.  Another, smaller problem, is that I live kind of far away from any fabric stores and it took me forever to work in a trip to town to buy supplies.  Anyhow, I would totally do this party again, just get to the fabric store much sooner.  Also, One was gone, Huz was gone, and BoyOne was gone.  I had no help.  I could've used some help.  I did have the presence of mind to have my neighbor take BoyTwo for me so that I wouldn't have to contend with him.  Smart move as it was a busy, busy night.

 Two at our family party.  It's a nine.  We didn't have cake at the cake shoppe party with her friends.  Too much cake.  Instead, we had an ice cream sundae bar.  I was smart enough to let each kid come up and choose their toppings but have me be the one who actually put the toppings on.

 Modeling the aprons that I made.  They turned out really cute.

 One of the decorating stations.  The rest of the girls were in the kitchen.

 Finished product by Two

 Four's finished product

 Three's beautiful creation

 One's cake.  She got home just after I had finished cleaning up dinner and set out all the cakes, frostings, bags, and sprinkles for decorating.  It was nice to have her home for the last 1/2 hour of the party.  She's a big helper.

BoyOne's cake.  He decorated his late that night after he got home from his soccer game.  This is the face he pulls in nearly every picture we take.  This is actually closer to a smile than usual.  Drives. me. nuts.  Part of why we haven't had a family picture done.  I am not paying money to capture an image of him 1)looking like we're holding him hostage, or 2)looking constipated.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment