Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray!!!


This is my brand new niece, Adelaide. Isn't she so cute?! We were so happy when she was born, especially her mama because she was a week overdue:) Ooooh! I just want to squish her little cheeks!


One had a dance competition over the weekend. She and I were both sick:( But, she pulled herself together and somewhere between barfing and dancing she managed to place 2nd in her solo and her team scored 1st place for their Lyrical dance and Highpoint First for their Jazz dance. I'm not really sure how that is different, but they got a 6 foot tall trophy out of it so they were pretty excited. This was really a special competition for her because lots of our family were able to come watch. My mom was in town (thanks to Adelaide:)) and was able to see her perform for the first time ever! Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents and awesome friends were there to support her. Thanks all!!


This winter Two and Three have been on a co-ed basketball team together. They begged and begged and begged to be on the team for two years. We made them a deal where they had to be able to dribble x amount of bounces and make x amount of shots and they did, so we signed them up. I also signed up Huz to coach. Pretty sure that he loves when I do that:) Anyhow, as with soccer, Three was waaaaaaaaay excited to play, but once she made her first basket, she felt like her mission was complete and was not very interested in finishing out the season. We encouraged (forced) her to press on for the remainder of the season and boy, was she ever glad that she did! At the end of the last game, which was yesterday, the kids that participated all received a trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was pretty excited.


And if Three was excited, well then, Two was ECSTATIC!!!!!!! She made her first basket during a game during the last game at the end, what a finale. The above picture is the look that she had on her face when the ball successfully went into the hoop. If we thought she was pumped then, well, times that by 1000 when she got the trophy. Her life is now complete. She sleeps with the trophy. She takes it to the bathroom with her. She took it to school in this little suitcase thing and was showing it to everyone. When I pulled up to the school today, she was showing it to some older girls. As One got into the car she rolled her eyes and told me that Two was showing her trophy to complete strangers and that it was sooooo embarrassing. haha I'm so glad that they are both so thrilled with their trophies. I'm pretty sure I'll be volunteering to purchase trophies for BoyOne's soccer team so he can have a trophy. The team he is on is beyond that but because he missed out on trophies and team pictures when he was little, it's important to me to let him have these opportunities now. He was so proud of his sisters when they made their baskets and was really impressed with their trophies in a wistful sort of way...


After living in my house for 1 1/2 years, I finally decided to paint the girls' room. I love color and the girls' rooms at our other house were darling!! They miss them and so do I, but I've had a hard time trying to visualize what I want. (They, on the other hand, have had no shortage of inspiration...) So, instead of waiting for the perfect idea to form in my mind, I bought a gallon of paint on a whim on Monday and Four and I spent the day painting part of their room yesterday. She was a great helper and her sisters were very impressed that she got to help and that she had done such a great job. It turned out very cute and the girls love it and I'm getting other ideas for their room as I breath:) BoyOne was a little jealous, given his little 'my room sucks' tantrum Monday. I had already purchased the paint for the girls' room at that point and knew he'd be bugged, but whatever. I had plans for their room as well, but since it sucks so bad, I'm not going to waste my time and money quite yet...

1 comment:

  1. LOL That is hilarious and I wouldn't do anything until he decided his room wasn't that bad either. I love the "I Love You" on the wall. Super cute. Those trophies are awesome too. Good for them. :)

    ReplyDelete