Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fun Weekend

...and Monday.  It was a fun day, too.

I have some GREAT pictures, but I either don't have or can't find a USB cord for my camera.  It's on the never ending list of things to do.  But I promise, as soon as I find it, I'll put them up.  

Saturday was fabulous.  We started the day by cleaning the house and then cleaning the church.  BoyOne threw a tantrum there because he had made plans to 'play' with one of his friends and was quite upset that he wouldn't be able to do that.  This is actually something that we are having a hard time with lately.  He will often make plans or invite people over without asking and it really, really bugs.  Generally we are pretty easy going and already have a houseful, so what's a few more, but he is way too comfortable assuming things.  Even though that was an annoyance early in the day, he shaped up pretty quick (probably because he had a crazed mother chasing him down the hall telling him he had better drop his crappy attitude), apologized and the rest of the day really was great.  Huz and the kids have found a rope swing at the lake and we think we're just about the only ones who know about it.  We had some of our friends come up Saturday afternoon and we took them to our little spot.  The kids and dads had a great time flying off the swing and into the cold lake.  The moms had a great time watching this craziness and documenting it with the camera.  

These are friends who we know through hosting and adoption.  I actually was able to be in Ukraine with the mom and she basically saved my life (my heart) by letting me tag along with her as she took her boys to Kyiv and had their medicals and visas done.  I even got to stay with them, train with them and go to the airport with them.  We were on different flights, but she got me there.  This was all after I had found out BoyTwo had a second birth certificate and we weren't going to be able to adopt him.  Still can't believe all that happened.  Go back to July 2011 for that fun.  Anyhow, love their family.

Sunday was Father's Day and we had a nice day.  BoyOne had a little bit of a tantrum and was a total turd to Huz, which really ticked me off.  Huz is probably the least confrontational person I know and he hardly ever gets mad or makes any of the kids do anything (anybody else married to a Disney parent?:)), so I felt that BoyOne was absolutely, positively, completely out of line.  It was over the stupidest thing, too.  Anyhow, aside from that, the day ended well and we had dinner with Huz's family at his parents' home.

Monday we went back to the lake.  I'm pretty sure that my kids think that I am incapable of doing anything fun or remotely active, given the comments they make:

'Mom, you're coming with us?  Can you even hike?' (when leaving to go on a family hike)

'Mom, you know how to run?!' (when I had to chase BoyTwo, many times, down the street barefoot and robed as he tried to make some sort of escape)

'What?!  You can ride a bike?!'  (when I was showing the boys how to ride)

'Mom, I'll teach you how to ski.'  (obviously forgetting that I taught every one of them how to ski)

'Mom, is it safe for you to jump on the tramp?'  (seriously?!  This mama can still do a back flip with a twist.  Come on kids!)

'Mom, do you know how to swim?' (I don't like to get in the cold water.  Yes, I'm a wuss.  However, I can swim and I am always prepared to go in after someone if it becomes necessary which it usually does.  At least in the past years.  Saturday and Monday this was not the case.  It was nice to stay dry and warm)

'Mom, have fun making dinner and cleaning while we're _________.'  (fill in the blank with just about anything, as if I'm going to send them off to have fun and stay behind to play housekeeper/maid)

Anyhow, I decided to shock the crap out of the boys (and the girls) by interrupting their game of keep away by tackling BoyOne in the lake and getting the ball from him.  Unfortunately I am slowing down because although he was super shocked (as were his friends) that I could take down my son, swim, play ball, run and get in the cold water with my clothes on (had my suit on underneath but didn't have time to change because that would've been a dead give away), he quickly recovered and pulled me back down.  I surprised him again by grabbing him by his swimming trunks and swinging him around and back down into the water.  He thought it was hilarious and has recounted the story many times in the past 24 hours.

Other events worth mentioning are:

*BoyOne was laying down in the shallow water after losing the ball and his friend ran after Huz, who now had the ball.  Friend didn't see BoyOne and literally ran on top of him, face and all, pushing his face down into the murky sandy water.  As BoyOne says, 'and I my nose big sand!'  (filled his face with sand)  It was sooo funny to watch, glad he didn't get hurt.

*Saturday Four was on the swing to swing, not bail into the lake and at the last second did bail, only she was not over the water but the sand:(  She got hurt and was pretty sad but seems to be fine now.

*Monday Three lost her grip on the rope swing while swinging and fell onto the sand.  While originally we thought she may have twisted her ankle, she says it feels much better today.

*BoyTwo attended a tumbling class today.  Three and Two are already taking a class at this same time so I decided to see if we could target some of his energy/wear him out.  He did alright.  I only had to walk onto the floor once to reprimand him for sassing his coach, but after that the whole thing where you point to your eyes and then to them totally worked and he (mostly) behaved.  And he's in bed asleep now, so it worked, right?!  :)

*One, Two, and Three can all beat BoyTwo when arm wrestling and for some reason he keeps coming back for more.  I, drumroll please, can beat BoyOne (righthanded.  He wins lefty).  Thank you for your applause.

3 comments:

  1. Way fun. :) I love reading about your adventures and living vicariously though you. LOL We need to get together sometime this summer. I miss hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a blast on saturday as well. I think Four is the cutest thing on earth. You guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to come to your rope swing. Sounds like so much fun. Im glad that Father's Day was better than Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete