Wednesday, May 2, 2012

There is Hope

I'm getting used to this new blogging set up and there are actually a few things I like about it.  I guess old dogs CAN learn new tricks:)

As you read earlier this week, BoyTwo lost (forcefully removed) his tooth.  He received $2.  Tooth fairy always gives $2 for the first tooth and then a dollar for every tooth after that.  It works well for our family except when the tooth fairy is really tired and forgets to come or sometimes she forgets to actually get a dollar bill (sad, I know, that we don't just have those laying around...haha)

Tuesday at school there was this little 'mini store' where things are sold for $1.  There are a million things for sale and they are all geared toward Mother's and Father's Day gifts.  I wasn't planning on having my kids take any of their money to school to buy us anything because quite honestly I thought that I didn't want one more thing laying around the house and I'd rather them save their dollars for their 'big ticket items.'  Each kiddo is saving their money for something 'big' like a scooter or i-pod (One and Two have been saving for a year and a half for this one, impressive), stuffed animal or skateboard.

Unbeknownst to me, BoyTwo took his Tooth Fairy money to school with him that day.  When he discovered that his sister, Three, who is in his same school class, was without money, he gave her one of his precious dollars and then spent the other dollar on a gift for me.

Is that not the sweetest, most heart warming, full of hope for mankind story you've heard in awhile?  

5 comments:

  1. That is nice. I guess progress is being made. I wish I could say the same about Max. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...there is always hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for boy two! Love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to keep it or write it down so you can tell him this stuff later. Like what mom did with our stuff

      Delete