Friday, December 31, 2010

Oh yeah!

This picture is to give you an idea of how much snow we have at our house!! (This is my ten year old. I think she's 4 feet 4 inches or something like that.) Fun!!

(Except when I tried to drive Huz's rear wheel drive sedan yesterday and made it about ten houses before a neighbor had to help me get unstuck. I shouldn't have even tried it.)

Tonight I indulged myself and instead of doing laundry or dishes, I pulled out my sewing machine and started a quilt. It's a quick one made with minkee material. Oooh so soft. I really love to sew. And I really really really love to collect fabric (with intentions to sew:) Hopefully I'll be finished with it tomorrow!

Today a couple of funny things were said by my kids. This is one of my favorite things about being a parent.

Three: She was singing the song "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias. She sang, "You can take my wife away." One and I looked at each other and started laughing. I told her the right word is breath and she thought it was funny, too.

Four: Had an itchy back. She was having me scratch it for her when all of a sudden she rolled over and held her leg up. "Scratch my leg armpit, mom." aka under my knee. hahaha

Three: had her feelings hurt by Two and came to me to complain about it. "Mom, she made me so sad that my heart hurts (holding hand dramatically over heart). I can't even feel it beeping any more." Soooo funny. She meant beating but also funny that she thought her heart would stop because she was so sad that Two didn't share.

as a side note:
I'm still collecting gloves and mittens for the 300 orphans with cold hands in the Matveevka Orphanage in Ukraine.
(see post titled "Phone Call and Help Wanted)
I haven't even had time to go to the store to buy some since I posted about this so if you still want to get me some gloves, I haven't sent them yet and probably won't until the end of next week. Thanks. You rock. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the fun things kids say!

    I still have those gloves if you want them. I'm just not sure how to get them to you. I don't go your direction very often, nor do you come mine! :^)

    ReplyDelete