Tuesday, January 18, 2011

one more thing...

I just read this quote and felt today a very appropriate time to post it. One of my biggest fears is being one who is silent. Not literally, those who know me know this won't be a problem:) But being silent through my actions. I worry about meeting up with God someday and Him wanting to know what I did with my life, my gift. I'd be embarrassed to say to Him that I had a good life because, at least for me personally, I feel that He wants more. He needs more from me. He needs me to BE a good life. More than anything I hope to someday "be the change I wish to see in the world." (Ghandi)

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. This is the on I saw that stood out to me.

    In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

    What a great and visionary man.

    ReplyDelete