Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April First

BoyOne came home yesterday, all sorts of excited.

"Mom.  Today I tell Miss MathTeacher she need go to office for Ruby (secretary) need her big important.  And she leave class and then come back ten minutes and she big mad."

He's giggling like a little girl as he tells me this.  My mind is trying to process what he is saying to me and is pretttttttttty slow.

me: "Why was she mad?"

and  then as I realized what he'd done, 

me: "The secretary didn't really need her?  You told her to go to the office and tricked her?!"

him, squealing: "Yes!!"

me, thinking oh my gosh I better check my email: "So, what did she say to you when she came back to the classroom?"

him: "She say 'BoyOne!  Ruby no ask me to go to office!'"

then he erupts in a fit of giggles and can barely get out this next part:

"and I say APRIL FIRST!!"

And then we all lost it.  I understood why I didn't get an email from his teacher.  How can you not hysterically laugh when some kid from Ukraine April Fools' his teacher and then says 'April First'?!

****************

Yesterday, just to prove to myself that I can be the fun parent sometimes, I April fooled my kids.  

Every single year I forget about April Fools' Day until the actual day.  One of these years I'm going to remember and when I do it's going to be fantastic.  As in past years, I had forgotten until after the kids had already gone to school.   Miraculously, however, my brain pulled through for me and I devised a plan.  Huz and I were taking the kids to see a movie but hadn't yet told them.  When I picked up the kids from school, I told them we had a church meeting to go to in town at 6:00.  BoyOne offered a prayer for us before we left, Three brought her scriptures with her and even though we pulled up to the movie theater to unload,  all six children got out of the car with their arms folded.  :)

In the end they were pretty happy they had been fooled, and I was pretty pleased with myself that although lame, I had managed to pull it off.  

Happy April First to you all!

2 comments:

  1. So funny. Thanks for sharing I needed a goo laugh :) You are the best Steph.

    ReplyDelete